Advantec developed the Opticlear Mixed Cellulose Esters (MCE) membrane filters for airborne asbestos monitoring. Opticlear MCE offers superior optical clarity in which to view samples compared to standard MCE.
When cleared, Opticlear membranes provide a clear filter background so that counters are not confused by artifacts which can be counted as fibers. These membranes may be cleared to view collected particles or fibers by phase contrast microscope (PCM) by either using a mixture of Dimethyl Phthalate and Diethyl Oxalate or the “hot block” acetone vapor method (NIOSH 7400 and 7402).
Other air monitoring applications which can benefit from the use of Advantec Opticlear MCE are sampling and analysis of Silica and Lead(Pb) and the sampling of bulk-air for TSP(total suspended particulate matter).Cutting and packaging operations are performed under clean room conditions to keep non-asbestos contamination to an absolute minimum.
Can be used with Advantec 37mm empty monitor cassettes 370S2300ON. Cassettes can be used for closed- or open-face sampling with a vacuum source.
- Composition: Mixed cellulose esters including cellulose nitrate and cellulose acetate, also known as nitrocellulose High porosity provides superior low rates
- High protein binding can be blocked by pretreatment or utilized in applications
- High purity: Triton-free
- Rapid wetting time: <3 seconds to wet a 47 mm diameter disc with aqueous 1% methylene blue
- Pore size: 0.8um
- Diamete: 25 mm, 37mm, 47mm, and 300x300
- Autoclavable: Withstands autoclaving temperatures up to 130°C without adversely affecting bubble point, flow rate or microbiological recover
- Standard membranes for many laboratory applications including filter sterilizing biological fluids, microbiology, contamination analysis and air monitoring
- Gridded filters available for quantifying microbial growth Available non-sterile or sterilized by ethylene oxide (EtO)
Can be transparentized to view collected particles
- Using compatible liquid (immersion oil, toluene) OR
- Select Opticlear membranes for the "hot block" acetone vapor method
|Mixed Cellulose Esters Datasheet.pdf File Size 421.05KB|
Advantec Opticalear Mixed Cellulose Esters (MCE) Membrane
- Brand: Advantec
- Product Code: ASP-A080X
- Availability: In Stock