Iridium is a platform for configurable flow control. It uses an integrated flow rate sensor and control valve to regulate flow rate regardless of inlet pressure fluctuation. A flow control set point is provided by users via the touchscreen or remotely via electronic signal. Then the controller adjusts the integrated valve as needed to maintain the desired flow rate. This product features a PTFE micro turbine flow sensing module and a PTFE proportional diaphragm flow control module. This configuration can be set up to control liquid flow ranges as low as 7-50 mL/min and as high as 1.0-10.0 L/min. Other configurations can be customized as desired.
- Liquid Flow Ranges: Flow ranges as low as 7-50 mL/minute and as high as 1.0-10.0 L/minute are available (1:10 turn-down ratio)
- PTFE Flow Path: Wetted materials of only PTFE, sapphire and Viton® (Kalrez® optional) ensure compatibility.
- Integrated Touch Screen: Using the integrated 3.2” color touchscreen, users can display flow rate, totalized flow, alarm states
- Pelton Micro turbine: Use a miniature PTFE microturbine wheel suspended on a sapphire shaft. An infrared beam detects the rotation speed.
- Fast Control Logic: By utilizing advanced microprocessors and specially designed software.
- Expansion Slots: the Iridium platform has two open slots for expansion cards. Features include analog I/O, wireless communication, error outputs, and can also be customized as needed
- Graphical Interface: Through the integrated 3.2” touchscreen, the user can program set points, display current status, and adjust configuration while the unit continues to control flow rate and provide output.
- Software Update: The Iridium platform can easily be upgraded through downloadable firmware updates via the standard USB interface.
- I/O Options: RS-485 serial interface and Universal Serial Bus (USB) interfaces are standard. The Iridium also has two internal expandable card slots.
- Modular Design: The Iridium platform supports field-replacement of internal modules as needed, allowing the users to swap flow ranges, valve types, I/O modules, and more as application conditions change.
- Fitting Choices: The modular design of the Iridium also allows for inlet and outlet fitting sizes and types to be changed as needed. Female NPT, compression, flare, and other fitting types are available.
- For analog control of multi-stage control or electrostatic coating control
- Fluidics management system
- Sample flow rate regulation
- Analytical instrument
- On-demand chemical dilution and blending
- Consumable usage monitoring and regulation
Iridium 6010-01-C1 Configuration
|Flow Rate Range (mL/min of H2O)|
2: 7-50 mL/min
3: 10-100 mL/min
4: 20-200 mL/min
5: 50-500 mL/min
6: 100-1,000 mL/min
7: 200-2,000 mL/min
8: 500- 5,000 mL/min
9: 1,000 -10,000 mL/min
|Fitting Options (Inlet/Outlet)|
F4: ¼” Male Flaretek®
F6: 3/8” Male Flaretek®
F7: 1/2” Male Flaretek®
N2: 1/8” FNPT
N4: ¼” FNPT
N6: 3/8” FNPT
|Analog I/O Expansion Card||EAA|
|Relay Option Card (Optional)||EBA|
|Kalrez® Seals (instead of standard Viton®)||EKZ|
|Custom Configuration||Zxxxx (assigned by factory)|
Compatible Range/Fitting Chart
|McMillan-Flow-Iridium-Flow-Control-Brochure.pdf File Size 2.15MB|
|Accuracy||±1.0% typical from factory, full scale; ±0.5% typical with user calibration, full scale|
|Precision||±0.5% or better typical|
|Pressure Rating||80 psig (5.4 bar) maximum working 100 psig (6.8 bar) over-pressure|
|Temperature Rating (Fluid)||5 to 40 °C|
|Temperature Rating (Environment)||Operating Temperature : 5 to 50 °C Storage Temperature: 0 to 70 °C Relative Humidity: 20 to 85%|
|Valve Type||PTFE diaphragm, cam-driven|
|Wetted Materials||PTFE Sapphire|
|Compatible Liquids||Most low viscosity fluids|
|Warm-up Time||<10 seconds typical|
|Integrated Display||3.2” (86 mm) TFT LCD color display|
|Power Requirement||Recommended Voltage: 24 VDC|
|Electrical Connections||15-pin Male D-Sub Micro-USB|
|Typical Response Time||Adjustable, typically <2 seconds|
|Seal Material||Viton® standard ; Kalrez® option available|
|Standard I/O Interface||USB 2.0 RS485|
|Optional I/O Interfaces||Analog I/O Card [EAA] VDC Input (0-10 VDC or 0-5VDC Other options available|
|Differential Pressure||20 psid (1.36 bar) to reach 100% rated flow|
McMillan IRIDIUM Series Liquid Flow Control Systems
- Brand: MCM Flow
- Product Code: FC601001C1
- Availability: In Stock