The RV series of small oil sealed rotary vane pumps deliver excellent ultimate vacuum pressure, high pumping speeds and superior vapor handling capabilities with quiet operation. The Edwards RV8 rotary vane Vacuum pump features a peak pumping speed of 6cfm at 60 Hz and an ultimate pressure of 1.5x10 -3 Torr (2x10 -3mbar). With a small footprint and a relatively light weight of only 57 pounds, this vacuum pump is an ideal addition to all laboratories, of all sizes, and can be utilized in just about any application. With an extremely low noise level of 48 decibels, this vacuum pump is quiet enough to keep potential disruption to a minimum. The Edwards RV8 has a maximum water vapor inlet pressure of 38 Torr and a maximum water vapor capacity II of 220 grams per hour.
The Edwards RV8 is fully tested to perform at factory specifications before being shipped. This product is supplied with 1 liter of Ultra-grade 19 oil, inlet filter and O-ring. Fomblin must be purchased separately for PFPE RV pumps.
- High reliability – generous lubrication of moving parts.
- Safe process and systems – fast acting inlet valve for best in class anti‑suck back protection.
- Configured to meet your vacuum needs – mode selector and two position gas ballast.
- No unplanned downtime – designed for easy maintenance.
- Better work environment – quiet running and intrusive frequencies minimised.
- Two position gas ballast allows either 60 g/hr or a class leading 220 g/hr (290 g/hr on RV12) of water vapor
- Universal motor to cover the widest possible voltage and frequency range from a single variant.
- Smooth controlled inlet valve opening by oil pressure to eliminate pressure surges.
- Rapid closing inlet valve within 0.4 seconds of pump stopping.
- Analytical instruments
- Centrifuges, ultra-high speed
- Degassing/curing - oil, epoxy resin
- Freeze drying
- Gas bottle filling/emptying
- Gel drying
- Glove boxes, ovens
- Laboratory bench top vacuum
- Leak detectors, Helium
- Load locks and transfer chambers
- Refrigeration manufacture
- Research and development
- Rotary, centrifugal evaporators
- Scanning electron microscopes - SEM
- SEM/FIB (ion beam repair)
- Solvent recovery
- Surface science instruments
- Turbomolecular backing pumps
|Peak Pumping Speed||6 cfm at 60Hz|
|Ultimate Pressure||1.5 x 10-3 Torr (2 x 10-3mbar)|
|Noise Level||38 dBa|
|Connection||Inlet: NW25; Exhaust: NW25|
|Max Water Vapor Capacity II||220 grams/hour|
|Dimensions||18.5'' x 6.2 '' x 8.9'' |
|Oil Capacity ||0.75 L|
|Oil Type||Ultragrade 19|
|Operating Temperature Range||12- 40 °C|
|Electrical Supply||1 Ph, 100-120/200-230VAC, 50/60Hz|
|Warranty||1 year full parts and labor warranty|
|Acoustic Enclosure Datasheet.pdf File Size 555.15KB|
|Edward RV Vacuum Pump Instruction Manual.pdf File Size 1.34MB|
|Lithium-Ion Battery Manufacturing Applications.pdf File Size 759.89KB|
|Edward RV Vacuum Pump Specification Sheet.pdf File Size 1.05MB|
Edwards RV8 Oil Sealed Rotary Vacuum Pump
- Product Code: Edwards RV8
- Availability: In Stock