Cellulose Acetate (CA) membranes are a mixture of cellulose triacetate and diacetate creating a strong membrane in both lateral and longitudinal directions. Compared to MCE membrane, CA exhibits improved solvent resistance to low molecular weight alcohols, improved heat resistance up to 180˚C, and may be repeatedly autoclaved or steam-sterilized without loss of integrity.
These membranes have a very low static charge which can minimize particle contamination of the membrane. This characteristic makes CA membrane ideally suited for OEM applications. Recovery of fastidious gram+ organisms may be enhanced by culturing on CA membrane.
CA membranes are low protein binding and have low aqueous extractables(0.1%wt). Typical applications include filtration of enzyme solutions to minimize protein loss, diagnostic cytology, receptor binding studies, and filtration of solutions containing alcohol.
- Composition: Mixture of cellulose triacetate and diacetate
- Characteristics: Low static charge and high strength
- Autoclavable: Withstands autoclaving temperatures up to 130℃without adversely affecting bubble point, flow rate or microbiological recovery
- Clean: Lowest aqueous extractables (0.1 wt%)of all Advantec membranes
- Relative to MCE (Mixed Cellulose Esters, Nitrocellulose):
- Improved solvent resistance to low molecular
- Better heat resistance
- Lower protein binding
- Pore size: 0.2, 0.45, 0.8 and 3µm
- Diameter: 13 mm, 25 mm, 37mm, 47mm, 90 mm, 142 mm, and 293 mm.
- Packaged as nonsterile bulk packs or sterile individually wrapped
- Filtration of enzyme solutions to minimize protein loss
- Enhanced recovery of fastidious gram positive organisms
- Diagnostic cytology
- Receptor binding studies
- Filtration of solutions containing alcohol
Note: Should not be prewet prior to loading into a holder and autoclaving
|Advantec Cellulose Acetate Membrane.pdf File Size 213.91KB|
Advantec Cellulose Acetate Membrane
- Brand: Advantec
- Product Code: ASP-C0102050
- Availability: In Stock